Business as Usual and the New Normal

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Just a few weeks ago when I wrote my previous post here, we were entering the Coronavirus pandemic. While it's far from over, we are starting to see some progress.

Importantly, I think most of us have a good understanding of what business can be done, and hopefully in the very near future, more businesses will return to trading in a more 'normal' way.

For my part, I continue to take orders as usual, so if you need to hire a writer, I am available.


Situation Normal


I think it's worth going into a little detail about how my own work has been affected in the past few weeks - it's a long way from being all bad.

At all times I try to work with talented, enthusiastic and innovative people. I make sure I have a good spread of clients, so any one of them can cancel at any time without it causing any problems for me.

I don't ask my clients to sign a contract or commit to any ongoing minimum order size, and I don't work on a retainer - just order what you need and pay your invoice, and all is good.

These past few weeks I've seen a few cancellations, which is to be expected when many businesses are closed, but overall I've been able to continue working and fulfil the orders that have been placed, so again, all is good.

Back to Business


I suspect most businesses - other than in the hospitality sector where customers are placed in close proximity to one another - will soon start to get back to a new 'social distancing edition' of normal.

There's a much longer story arc to this pandemic still to play out, but the daily routine is coming back, and for some businesses that means there will be new opportunities.


Like in my last post, I don't think it would be right to try and capitalise on the virus or pandemic itself, but if your competitors have ceased trading or a new market has opened up in the past few weeks, it's completely ethical to try and serve the available demand.

A well timed blog post or landing page could be a smart investment as we emerge from the most severe phase of lockdown - something we hopefully will not need to repeat in the coming months.

A Time to Write


Prepare content now so that you are ready:
  • When you resume trading.
  • When you launch new products/services post-pandemic.
  • To remind customers you are still in business.

I expect to continue working as normal and I work from home, so no likely disruption there. If you need anything, whether it's a single landing page or company news update, or ongoing blogging and SEO content, please do get in touch.

My workload varies all the time as I complete orders and new enquiries come in, but generally my availability is good and I have plenty of capacity to take on new work.

And to all my clients, as always, the very best of wishes and I hope you are all staying safe.

Bobblewriter

Words by Bob 'Bobble' Bardsley.

Bobble is a talented freelance writer who has written for websites since 1998.

Book me today to write for your print and online projects.

tap here to
place an order


Availability: Good

Keep In Touch



Tip Bobble at Ko-fi

Sitemaps:
Pages | Posts

Search

Archives

Office Hours



I reply to all enquiries as soon as possible. Any order size is welcome and my prices are negotiable.

Where my schedule allows, I can work to tight deadlines and unsociable hours to deliver urgent orders ASAP.